Since January 2014, Jumblies has made its home in a downtown studio and office that we dubbed The Ground Floor. It is at street level of a Toronto Community Housing block at Fort York Blvd and Dan Leckie Way, in the midst of the newly-developping high-rise neighbourhood called CityPlace.
Click on the presentation below for an overview of our first 3 years at The Ground Floor:
From and at The Ground Floor, we have been:
- developing our Toronto-based, provincial and national projects;
- offering professional development workshops and seminars;
- housing our archives and resource library;
- lending and renting our studio for other projects as available;
- delivering programs for community members of all ages, backgrounds and abilities;
- developing partnerships with local social and cultural agencies;
- exploring and expressing the neighbourhood and its layers of history;
- hosting residencies and projects by visiting artists.
Thanks to the Toronto Arts Council’s ‘Space for Art’ Program and then-Councillor Adam Vaughan for making this and other downtown spaces available and affordable for artists. Also thanks to Toronto Community Housing for access to the beautiful upstairs community at 150 Dan Leckie for many of our workshops and events.
Location & Direction
Activities at The Ground Floor
The Ground Floor Studio is available for rental by individuals and organizations. For rates and availability please email email@example.com!