As of January 2014, Jumblies settled into a wonderful new downtown office and studio that we have dubbed The Ground Floor. It is at street level of a Toronto Community Housing block at Fort York Blvd and Dan Leckie Way, in the midst of the new condo-development called CityPlace.
At The Ground Floor, we have been:
- developing our Toronto-based, provincial and national projects
- offering professional development workshops and seminars
- housing our archives and resource library
- lending and renting our studio for other projects as available
- delivering programs for community members of all ages, backgrounds and abilities
- developing partnerships with local social and cultural agencies
- exploring and expressing the neighbourhood and its layers of history
Thanks to the Toronto Arts Council’s ‘Space for Art’ Program and then-Councillor Adam Vaughan for making this and other downtown spaces available and affordable for artists. Also thanks to Toronto Community Housing for access to the beautiful upstairs community at 150 Dan Leckie for many of our workshops and events.
Location & Direction
Activities at The Ground Floor
The Ground Floor Studio is also available for rental by individuals and organization. For rates and availability please email firstname.lastname@example.org!