Jumblies’ 7th Toronto Artfare Essentials (formerly Arts For All Essentials), a 6-day workshop attended by 24 artists and arts workers from Toronto, Ontario (and one from New York) just ended last Wednesday.
Many thanks to:
– Sketch for donating their wonderful space for four of our days
– Davenport Pert Neighbourhood Community Health Centre and Cedar Ridge Creative Centre for space on the other days,
– Marianne Alas, Sid Bobb, Michael Burtt, Penny Couchie, Sean Frey, Varrick Grimes, Leah Houston, Peter Jones, Loree Lawrence, Keith McNair, Sarah Miller, Cathy Nosaty, Sonja Rainey, Liz Rucker, Julie Salverson, Rosary Spence, Selam Teclu, Rachael Van Fossen, Martin van de Ven for making it all happen from facilitation to food (see Staff and Facilitators bios here),
– Katherine Fleitas and Adrienne Marcus Raja for documenting,
– all the brave and creative participants,
– our funders: the Canada Council for the Arts, the Ontario and Toronto Arts Councils and the J.W. McConnell Foundation.
Here are a few comments from participants:
I can’t remember the last time I was in a workshop where I made such valuable connections and felt so valued!
I felt empowered to embrace community arts.
Some of the best discussions we had were around the table eating a meal together!
I learned to quiet my inner critic.
I loved all the guest artists.
I enjoyed it beyond anything I could imagine.
Versions of this workshop will be held in 2013 in Halifax, Montreal, Winnipeg, Edmonton, Sudbury and other Ontario locations. E-mail email@example.com to be put on a mailing list for more info.