Over the past 2 years, we have been engaged in collaborative creative explorations to develop Grounds for Goodness content and forms. These have included:
– collaborative workshops at The Ground Floor in Spring/Summer 2020, with composers Martin van de Ven, Arie Verheul van de Ven and Robert Fleitz, choreography Michelle Silagy and other Jumblies artists and friends, including Lisa Ndejuru from Montreal.
– a day-long workshop in June 2019 with the Toronto Creative Music Lab, Canadian Music Centre and about 40 young composers and musicians from Toronto and abroad.
– series of workshops with seniors at the Bernard Betel Centre in North York, including making Grounds for Goodness ceramic mini-stepping stones.
– creative explorations during Jumblies’ Fall 2019 Artfare Essentials workshop.
– from April 2020 onwards, experiments in virtual interdisciplinary art-making with Grounds for Goodness stories, text, objects and musical motifs.
– through this COVID summer with the Gather Round singers, our mixed-ability community choir, with new guest artists including Kevin Ormsby, Cheldon Paterson and Olivia Davies.
Starting in October 2020, online and real-life Grounds for Goodness work will resume from The Ground Floor, adapting to what is possible and appealing – gradually heading towards our June 2021 final event.
Stay tuned for more details to come soon!