NB: Jumblies is not offering any new internship opportunities until Fall 2021. Feel free to send messages of interest and CV’s, which we will keep on file.
Jumblies often offers internship/apprenticeship opportunities to artists from all disciplines, traditions, career stages and regions of Canada. Introductory internships usually last from 1 to 6 months, and more advanced internships can extend for a full year or longer. The structure of the internships varies from year to year, project to project and person to person, but typically includes the following elements:
- taking part in Artfare Essentials, our 6-day foundational workshop;
- assisting Jumblies-affiliated artists in workshops and activities;
- participating in ongoing company activities;
- choosing specific mentors and a primary project focus;
- taking a role to suit individual learning interests and Jumblies opportunities and needs;
- taking part in Jumblies seminars and workshops;
- developing and demonstrating competency in core skill areas;
- designing, facilitating and evaluating mentored mini-projects;
- receiving guidance for future plans and aspirations.
At times we have funds and bursaries for internships, and/or can arrange for paid work-learn positions. At other times interns find their own means of support and we can sometimes suggest possible funding sources.
We welcome and accommodate practicum students from a variety of arts and cross-sector programs, as well as high school students seeking placements and community hours. Generally these are volunteer positions; we don’t usually offer pay for placements within accredited programs.
For more information on Jumblies internship and work-learn opportunities, please contact firstname.lastname@example.org