Artfare Essentials is our foundational workshop on the principles and practices of community arts.
As well, we offer more in-depth and special-topic workshops, ranging from a couple of hours to several days long. Examples include:
- Oral History and Artmaking: creative approaches, ethical/aesthetic/ cultural questions, technical skills involved in interview-based projects and gathering and expressing personal stories.
- Project Perculator: developing actual projects to the next stage ( initial plan, grant proposal, practice workshop),
- Discipline-specific workshops: directing, music creation/composition, choreography/dance, visual design, collaborative writing…
- Facilitation: guiding principles and practices and individual approaches to making art with people,
- Intercultural Collaboration: working across together ethnicity, age, class, ability, faith, gender, sexuality…
- ‘Talking Treaties’ workshops and presentations (with Ange Loft), about Toronto’s Indigenous and treaties histories and present responsibilities,
- Workshops tailor-made to suit the interests and needs of a specific, partner, project, group or place.
Our workshops include a variety of learning modes, including:
- hands-on and playful creative activities;
- presentations of relevant projects and work;
- consideration of critical questions and ideas;
- practical skills-development;
- site visits to relevant projects or locations;
- take-home print and digital resources.
We can also send staff and associates to present at events and conferences.
Contact us if you would like to bring a Jumblies workshop or presentation to your region, community or event.