Artfare Essentials is our core intensive workshop on the principles and practices of community arts.
As well, we offer advanced and topic-specific workshops (Advanced Artfare), allowing artists to delve into special topics in more depth than we can cover in an introductory workshop. Examples include:
- Oral History and Artmaking: creative approaches, ethical/aesthetic/ cultural questions, technical skills involved in gathering and expressing people’s stories
- Project Perculator: developing actual projects to the next stage
- Discipline-specific workshops: e.g. in directing, music creation and composition, choreography and dance, design and collaborative writing
- Facilitation: guiding principles and practices and individual approaches to making art with people
- Intercultural Collaboration: entering more deeply into issues of working across together ethnicity, age, class, ability, faith, gender, sexuality etc.
- Workshops tailor made to suit the interests and needs of a specific partner, project or place.
Our workshops include a variety of learning modes, including:
- presentations of relevant artistic projects and work;
- consideration of critical questions and ideas;
- practical skills-development activities;
- hands-on creative explorations;
- site visits to relevant projects or locations; and/or
- take-home print and digital resources.
We also produce shorter workshops and seminars (2 – 4 hours) by Jumblies and guest presenters, and send staff and associates to present at relevant symposia and conferences.
Contact us if you would like to bring a Jumblies workshop or presentation to your region, community or event.